Friday, October 30, 2009

Early Morning


Hello, Today is day 3 of my RE-start, my millionth beginning to new eating/exercise/attitude. I WILL win the victory. In fact, I know it's already won. Christ won this battle for me on the cross....I just need to be smart enough to claim it ....AND not let it go ....again. I got up at 5:45 today & exercised which is actually a HUGE deal, because I slept like poo...have been, actually....don't know what's up with that :( I am SO glad I did, though, because I still be in bed now, getting snippets of sleep that wouldn't help anyway. Now, at least, I feel strong & ready to start the day. The DVDs I exercise to are pretty mindless, so I pretty much pray the whole time, so that's a good way to get the old attitude on straight, too.

I did fairly well yesterday. I didn't get up as early as I would have liked, but I did get up & I did exercise. I ate less than I have been, although could have done better in that department, but I'm concentrating on 1 or 2 goals at a time. My other goal (besides exercising) has been to give up ice cream & I am past that hump, praise God!!! I have such a compassion for people trying to kick real drugs/alcohol, because I had a hard enough time with ice cream. I was Jonesin' for some. Really. And, boy, was I cranky. I have been in a much better frame of mind since I "kicked" the old ice cream habit. Partly because I am being more diligent about guarding my heart, partly because I asked some friends to pray about it, partly because exercise helps with moods, and so too much sugar/junk food is BAD for moodiness. No wonder I was a wreck. It's not just my imagination, I really am a more pleasant person when I am living better physically.

So, what about you? Have you tried to conquer a habit/lifestyle a million times & failed? Join the club!!! Don't give up! Why do you think you're still here today? Join me in my quest for better living. You're not alone. God bless, Dianna

2 comments:

Cassidy :) said...

I love you Mom.

You CAN give up Ice Cream!





I won't though.
Sorry!

Ice cream said...

I'll miss you!