Friday, April 4, 2008

Gaining is Losing :(



Well, For the first time since I started this journey, I've gained weight. It was only a matter of time because I have been on the wagon/off the wagon for a while now. I gained 3 pounds back. Not the end of the world, but the buck stops here!!! I refuse to go back to anywhere close to where I was. I will lose it back & then some.


Romans 7:21-25 : "So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin."


This internal struggle is not unique to me. My spirit wants to be obedient, but my flesh wants to do whatever feels good/ tastes good at that moment. Those verses seem entirely hopeless until you read "Thanks be to God-through Jesus Christ our Lord!" I can't win this battle alone & if I'm failing, that only means I haven't been seeking enough help from the only one who can give me victory/ With Him, all things are possible. Without Him...forget about it!!


God bless & have a wonderful day, Dianna

1 comment:

Leah P said...

I'm sorry to hear about the weight gain. I now that must have hit you like a ton of bricks. I'm sure that you will get back in the swing of things again.