Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Take a Hike!



I haven't written in a while. I'm a slacker. Hasn't the weather been amazing lately? My hubby took Friday off & we've had a wonderful long weekend. Took some hikes, played tennis, ate a lot of ice cream & junky food. I got sunburned pretty badly :( and my forearms a bit sore from playing tennis (badly) 2 days in a row & drumming, but the rest of me feels great! It's so nice to be able to do active stuff & not be totally sore & pooped from being so out of shape. Not that I'm in top form, but I'm a lot better than I was last summer, that's for sure! Hopefully, all the activity will at least balance out the fatty foods I ate. Not doing so hot on the eating side. I am SO excited that my girls both actually enjoyed the hikes we took. I LOVE to hike...love to be out in nature & to see different areas, but it's always been a bit of drudgery with the kids because they would complain, but they actually enjoyed them this time :) My hubby & I are already looking into where to find the next trail. What a cheap/free/healthy/adventurous way to spend a day. I also really want to get into Letter Boxing or Geo caching this year. It looks like so much fun, the whole family can get exercise & quite a few have some cool history tidbits as well. God bless you all. Enjoy this world that God created. Praise Jesus, Dianna

3 comments:

Leah P said...

Love hiking. I think that it is important for us to watch the way we eat, but I think it will become much easier in the summer when we are out and about and having fun! I love the summer weather and being outdoors. Just no so much the bugs or sunburns :). Glad to hear that your girls are enjoying themselves with the hiking. It can be so frustrating when you try to have fun and the people you are with are miserable. I'm taking Sushi on a field trip with me on Saturday to Turner Falls at the dam. I hope we have fun and it doesn't rain. I'm really looking forward to the summer activities.

Tony said...

i love my hiking chick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xoxoxoxox
me

Cassidy :) said...

Hi mom ! ( or should I say hiking chick ?)

I wanted to say that I have not commented your blog, so keep up the good work !


xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo,

Cassidy