Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm Hee-re!!



Well,


It's been an incredibly long time since I posted; with good reason! I didn't have many good things to say. I have been steadily going downhill, gaining weight back & not exercising :( The BAD news is I've gained 10 pounds back :( The good news is I am still 20 pounds less than when I originally started this process back in November 2007.


I got up this morning to do Leslie Sansone's 3 mile walk & it felt really good to be doing something about my circumstances for a change instead of planning on doing it tomorrow, or wishing I would get my act together, etc....I did something positive for my health today. It's a start in the right direction.


How dumb is it that we, as humans, usually know what we need to do, yet find a million reasons why we shouldn't do it, or look to other solutions to solve the problem because the real solution is too difficult, or boring, or makes us confront larger issues? I know what I need to do to lose weight & get healthier. I need to eat in moderation, exercise consistently & drink plenty of water. Easy, right? But, there's so much more wrapped up in it. I'm lazy. I want to satisfy the cravings of my flesh. I don't want to learn how to manage my stress in healthier ways. Aaahhh.... But, in reality, I know when I was "on-track", I was so much happier & less stressed out. Once I get back into the swing of getting up to exercise, it will become habit & I won't have to fight the laziness quite so hard.


So, although I have failed at this time & time again....here I go again for another round; with hope. Not in my own self, but in the ability of the God I serve to change me. To give me the self-control I need. Thankfully, I serve a God who gives without holding our past sins against us. Although I have failed so many times, been a glutton, been lazy, not taken care of the body He gave me; I can still go boldly to His throne asking Him once again to forgive me & help me succeed in this area: James 1:5 "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. " He gives without finding fault, when what we ask is according to His will & we pray with faith. Well, I know His will is that I am healthier & I have faith that He answers prayer. God is good...even when we're not.
God bless you all.....go get some exercise :) Dianna

1 comment:

janec64 said...

It so Ironic, I was just thinking of your blog yesterday and youre eating when hungry stop when full approach. I am of course looking into other diets, (why is it always after Summer we strive to eat better but thats when all the good stuff comes out, pumpkin pie, muffin, Thanksgiving food, Christmas cookies etc.) Anyhoo, what keeps nagging me is the fact that if I diet or eat a certain way I have to do that forever or I'll gain it all back. For the past two months I've just stopped completely with everything and not even worrying about food but I'm feeling kind of icky. I just don't know what to do. But with you back up and running (maybe your husband can do the same), I can just eat when hungry stop when full cuz I'm not going to diet and get my system back into the wishywashy way of eating. This way hopefully I can lose and still feel good. I'm with ya Sista Sledge!!!! Hey, I'm all set for the ice breakers too!!!!!!!!

Love ya

Jane