Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!!




It's my birthday. I'm old! 34! Ah, well....getting older doesn't bother me. Looking old does, but hey, what can I say? I have been doing well in my first goal. Now, I will go to goal #2: eating smaller portions. I actually had to give this second goal some thought. The Christmas season is, obviously, filled with numerous get-togethers, parties, special treats, etc.....NOT the ideal time to begin eating right again. So, I debated whether to try to set my next goal to be not eating past a certain time, or not eating until I'm REALLY hungry, etc.....but I figured this might be the most reasonable one considering the circumstances. This way, I can still enjoy my holidays while, hopefully, at least not GAINING any weight through it.


This "1 goal at a time" concept, as simple as it is, could actually work for me. My mind woke up at 5:30 today & when I checked the time, I SO wanted to stay cuddled up under the warm covers. But, I told myself: this is your only goal of the day. It really worked to get me out of bed & it's really just that initial action that gets me to exercise. I mean, what else am I gonna do at 5:30 in the morning?


Anyway, about my birthday....we celebrated it last night since Tony & I have our adoption class again tonight & won't all be together as a family until late. The girls wrote me stories. Very cute. And hubby painted me a nativity on rocks. Very cool & very unique. Bet you don't have 1.


God bless you all, Dianna

4 comments:

Tony said...

happy birthday to you
happy birthday to you
happy birthday dear wonderful super fantastic awesome dianna
happy birthday to you

I love you babe...
xoxoxoxoxox
Toto

Mike Brown said...

Happy Birthday!!!

janec64 said...

Diana:

Happy Birthday, That sounds like such an awesome present and no I do not have one.

and the smaller portions sounds great too. I've been comtemplating all morning of what kind of diet/eating I can do. I alway fall back to the sugarbusters but I don't want to keep that as a lifestyle change.

I remembered my doctor telling me to just eat smaller portions, take only eat 75% of what's on my plate and bingo I read your blog!!!!!

So that answers that... for now anyway, we'll see how it goes....

You're doing terrific. I really like the early morning, cup of coffee and the 5:00-5:30 news.
before Katelynne gets up. DOesn't happen too often, I'm up at 4:20 so anything after that is "sleeping in" but I just can't seem to get up before 6:00 lately on the weekends.....

Enjoy your day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fit for the Race said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Jane...smaller portions always make sense, no matter what way you're trying to go.