Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Speed Racer



Well, As I posted; yesterday was my birthday. I got another very nice gift, a "get out of jail card free". OY!! I was going down a hill & had picked up some speed (54 MPH in a 35 MPH zone to be exact), and , of course, a police officer pulled me over. OY!! I have to be honest, I was tempted to try to fib my way out of the situation, but I just told the guy, "I am SO sorry, and I know it's no excuse, but I don't usually drive this fast!!" When he went into his car to check my record, the girls & I are were just praying that God would grant me mercy. I knew I deserved a ticket, but I, of course, don't want one & can't really afford 1. He was in there a L-O-N-G time, but he ended up just writing me a warning & telling me I could consider it a $190 birthday gift from him. I was SO appreciative & you can bet I didn't speed the whole rest of the day.


Isn't that a great example of the mercy God shows us? I deserved that ticket. I knew the speed limit, had no excuse, but I didn't get one. Heehee :)


On another note...goal #1: good still :) Goal #2: Not so good yesterday. It was my birthday & I went to 2 places where the main event was food. I didn't do terribly, but not so great, either.


On even another note: I am trying something else which has nothing to do with weight & more to do with health. I try not to complain about it often, because it really doesn't do any good, but I feel tired nearly every moment of my life & achy, etc.....I've tried various things over the years. The last time I started feeling really good & "normal" was when I had lost the weight last year, so it might have to do with just the extra weight. But, I am going to try to eliminate all gluten from my diet for a week & see if I feel any better. I've heard of people having different food intolerance's that were hard to detect, but made them feel similar to the way I do. Part of me feels like feeling crappy is just my cross to bear in life...part of me says there's something I can do about it & don't give up. Please pray for me in this, that God would reveal where the problem is & how to treat it. I am convinced that every day life for me is more difficult than God has intended. Either that or I am a big old hypochondriac....& considering I go to the doctor's once every 3 years, that's probably not the case. Long post. Oh well...have a good day. Enjoy the mercy & grace of God :) Dianna

3 comments:

Tony said...

beep beep zoom...............

ZOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

SLOW DOWN MAMA!!!

i love you
xoxoxoxoxox
tony

janec64 said...

I will pray that God will help you in the area of food.

Like Michelle had mentioned to me when I told her I was always tired.
Maybe you just need a "one-a-day with iron".......

You'll find your way in the area of food.....

Glad you had a good b-day..

God Bless

Jane

Cassidy :) said...

Thank you again god!!!


Love you Muma