Thursday, October 9, 2008

I Think I'll Go For a Walk Outside, Now



Hello, people!


I lost 3 pounds!! Woohoo!! Very excited & back on track. 7 more pounds & I'll be right back to where I started from at the beginning of the summer. Oh, well....at least the #s are heading in the right direction. I just took a long walk around the lake near my house & I'm pooped, but it felt good to get outside. Ya know, even though I live in the boondocks, there's quite a few people around me, but they must all be hermits, because in all the walks I've taken over the last 2 years, I've only met a handful of people.


Anyway....last night at my small group, my friend made some chocolate chip cookies to share. They looked yummy & last week, I would eaten 3 or 4, but I had already had a treat & so I didn't. The exciting part is it wasn't even a struggle, really. I remember that happening when I was really committed to this thing months ago. That many times, the temptations had no power & I can only attribute that to God. I mean, I always pray, but this time & months ago (before I fell off the wagon) I am & was really submitting my will to God & totally trusting that He will overcome for me. In me. Through me. Because, I have proven to myself time & time I again that I have absolutely NO WILL-POWER. But, the good news is; I don't have to. All I have to do is remain in Jesus & He will do the work for me. I just have to cooperate with Him.:


John 15:4-5 (Jesus said) "Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."


Self-control is one of the fruits of the spirit. I can't just try REALLY hard to produce this fruit...it doesn't work! I need to remain in Him & submit my thoughts & actions to Him & He will develop this fruit (&others) in me. Cool, huh?


Now, go take a walk. God bless, Dianna

2 comments:

janec64 said...

Congrats Diana!!! Good Job!!! I just don't know what to do. I started yesterday with my no sugar and I caved as soon as I got home from work. I really don't want to do that and get into the habit of eating that way. What did I sign up for with you? Are you eating what you want and just not over doing it. I know you gave it to HIM but what type of eating habit did you give to him? Is it just control?????

I need guidance......

Take Care

Love Ya Sista Sledge!!!!!!!!!

Cassidy :) said...

hi momma

i love the blog.
i like the title.
hAVE A NICE DAY




CASSIDY