Thursday, October 2, 2008

Resist and he will flee



Hello,


I just finished another work-out & I feel "mah-velous", darlin'. I truly do. I slept last night, praise God!! People prayed for me last night after our small group bible study & I slept!!! I'm sure it helped that I didn't drink anything (I'm not talking Jack Daniels or anything, I mean plain old water) after 7 & no snacks after dinner. Plus, I exercised. I know those are 3 things I MUST do if I am to have the slightest hope of getting a decent night sleep. I fell asleep around??10:00, woke up briefly when a disappointed hubby came to bed (disappointed because we don't get the channel the Red Sox game was on, poor guy) & slept through until 6:00 :) Normally, if I woke up at 6:00, I would groan & roll back over & pull the covers over my head because I am still tired. But today I did what I need to do---physically get out of bed when my mind wakes up. I jumped out, pulled on my athletic gear....ie tshirt & Tony's boxer shorts heehee & exercised. And I feel mah-velous.


Last night, when I came home from my small group, I was DYING for a snack. It doesn't matter what I have eaten through the day...much or little...sweets or no sweets...I ALWAYS crave something before bed, even though it's horrible for me. I was just about to give in when I said to myself, "Self....if I still want it this badly in an hour, I can have it" & I set my mind on other things. Well, after about 15 minutes, I started feeling sleepy & I realized I truly wasn't craving it anymore. James 4:7 says "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." God will allow trials in our lives because He wants us to draw closer to Him & increase our faith. It's the devil who tempts us, but we can overcome if we only submit to God & wait out the storm. The devil will go away...he'll be back again, but temporarily he'll leave you alone once he sees who you're clinging. All I need to remember is to fight those temptation battles one at a time & when & if I fail, to ask forgiveness & do it right the next time. My down slides usually happen when I've failed a few times, start feeling sorry for myself & then give in altogether. One of these days I'll get it right.


Jane, hop on the wagon with me :) Love, Dianna

2 comments:

janec64 said...

jDiana:

I'll hop on the wagon, but what wagon is it? I can't diet, is it just eating sensibly. You are "right on" with the eating before bed. I literally go upstairs to the fridge for milk and then a cookie or just even a bit of a cookie, why is beyond me but I feel like I have to have it. If I can just remember this particular blog and pray about it I think I'll be O.K.

but I'm in Sista Sledge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cassidy :) said...

it was the best blog i never read!