Friday, February 1, 2008

Almost Human

I'm feeling almost human again today. I did Leslie Sansone's 3 mile walk today & it nearly killed me, but I'm mostly recovered. It's tough getting back to exercising after a week off. But, I did it!

I was afraid to get on the scale today after a week of no exercising, but I was brave & did it anyway. I maintained. So, at least I didn't gain any back.

I'm still battling the cookies. The other day my hubby tried the whole "you said they're not worth it" ploy when I grabbed 2 Chips Ahoy & of course I ate them anyway. Later, I told him to try asking, "Do you want those cookies really badly?" instead. He is so sweet & he's trying to help me. BUT....there's something inside of me that just balks at ANYONE telling me what to do in certain areas. I swear, I felt like eating 10 cookies just to prove I could. Isn't that ridiculous? I guess I never fully overcame my teenage issues with authority :) For those of you who know Tony, you know he's not a meanie in any sense of the word & he's SO supportive of what I'm trying to do. It's really quite brave of him to even try to help me at all-- considering I have, in the past, bitten his head off many, many times:) At least this time, I just ate the 2 cookies. Guess that's progress. So, maybe if he phrases it as a question, it will just make me pause & examine my own self rather than activating my self-defense mode. Worth a shot. If the man is brave enough.
God bless, Dianna

No comments: