Tuesday, January 22, 2008

C is for Cookie



Well, I'm still doing OK. I took 2 days off of exercising (I blame hubby-BB- for throwing off my schedule yesterday. He was home because of MLKJ day. ) It's not really his fault, but I can still try. It's odd, because I feel guilty when I take a day or two off from exercising. I guess I still fear that I will revert back to old habits. But I got back on schedule today, so that's good.


I am still feeling like I need to stop eating sweets so often. I'm only having a bit every day, but?? It's just become a habit lately & I am eating 2 cookies or so every day...even the ones I don't even particularly love. I need to be more discriminating with my sweets, I think. Maybe if I make a rule for myself that I will only eat the sweets I really love or when I'm really craving them. I've not been "jones-ing" for them, but I've been eating them anyway. Last week it was Keebler chocolate covered grahams & this week it's been Chips Ahoy. They're OK, but it's not like cheesecake or Lindt chocolate or something. I can resist them if I ask God to give me the fruit of self-control. I'm going to go put a post-it on them that says, "Not worth it". Is that too crazy? Oh, well...who's gonna see it? Maybe my natural cheapness can work to my advantage. The less cookies eat, the less I will spend on cookies.


Leah, good job exercising. Your last comment to me is both flattering & scary. That anyone would look to me for anything is quite bizarre. I hope I don't steer you wrong. Jane, how goes your battle? Love you all. God bless, Dianna

1 comment:

Leah P said...

I was just singing the cookie monster song the other day. "C is for cookie, thats good enough for me. OH cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C!" YAY! Cookie monster is awesome! Anyway, don't be scared. You are awesome. The fact that you have flaws is what makes me look to you more. Your more of a realistic role model than a lot of people. I see you have your problems and then watch how you deal with them. You may not always make the right decision but thats fine.

And by the way, I do feel great about exercising. Its become quite the addiction. Fortunately its not an unhealthy one. I didn't get to today though for the first time in a while because I stayed up too late. But I probably will do something later. I love the Eliptica and do my "super sit-ups" on the weight bench. I can see myself being more toned and I feel so much better.

Anyway, this should all be put in a post but now that I wrote this long message to you, I don't have time to write a post. Oh well, good enough. I'll try to post soon. Its tax season and things are really busy here. I did my first small business tax yesterday and I did a good job. I am so happy about doing taxes. Its fun! Yeah, I know I'm weird. But thats why you love me isn't it? Love you Diana and Jane (if your reading this).