Wednesday, January 23, 2008

If at First You Don't Succeed....



Guess what? I ate the cookies. Boo! Hiss! I even put the post it notes on there & my hubby reminded me of my own phrase "It's not worth it" & I said, "I know, but I need something, I've had a stressful day". See, it doesn't really bother me that I have sweets, it all boils down to WHY I have them (&how often). Yesterday, I had home school co-op & then my kids talked me into going to the library because some home schoolers were going to be there, so I did even though I was already exhausted. I love people & I am not anti-social, but I being in large groups of people (especially kids) drains me emotionally, mentally & physically. I can literally feel all my reserves draining. I've always been that way. I enjoy being around people, but then I NEED alone time or I'm running on fumes. Anyway, so at the library, the librarian tells my youngest (7), there's a book on hold for us upstairs, so she goes up there to get it. By herself. Without telling me. So, I freaked out & was running around calling her name, thinking she's been kid-napped or something. Arrggh!! Anyway, so I was stressed out & I had to make supper & get ready for rehearsal (which went awesome...Jane, you rock!) & so I had 2 stupid Chips Ahoy. And, actually, I had already had a cookie at co-op earlier :( I CAN'T fall back into the horrible habit of having food when I am sad/stressed/angry/tired/bored/lonely/celebrating etc.... I need to turn to the Lord in all of those instances. Food only helps for a half a minute anyway & then I'm stuck with the guilt. Blah, blah. I need to remember what Jesus told the Samaritan woman at the well in John 4:13-14:


" 'Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.' "


It's the same for food. If I look for comfort or stress relief from food, I will always have to go back to it because it never truly satisfies. It's head hunger, not real hunger.


The good news is I've lost 30 pounds!! Woohoo!! I will NOT EAT SWEETS TODAY!!!!! Lord, give me strength!! Love you all, Dianna



1 comment:

janec64 said...

WooHoo!! 30 pounds!!! that's Great!!!

I on the other hand forget it. I've eaten my house empty. I've been home since Friday and it wasn't planned so today is another day. almost lunch time so I'll take it slow or try to at least.

Take Care

Love ya
Jane

P.S. I'm really proud of you, you go girl!!!!