Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Many parts



I'm in a better mood today (&yesterday). My little "shut-in" did me good. I've slept fairly well the last two nights, too, so I'm sure that's helped. My new DVD came & I've done it the last 2 days....another Leslie Sansone--Walk Slim. It's 4 miles, but she does intervals of jogging & more intense moves, but it's still doable for me. I like them. It's nice to just have something different. My eating has been OK, but I think I really need to pay better attention, because I'm letting little things slip here & there & I don't want to go back to my old habits. I am afraid that I'm hitting a plateau. I've lost 28 pounds & I'm happy about that, but I would still love to lose a lot more. Ultimately, for me, it is about viewing food & exercise differently & being obedient to the Lord in these areas, but I still do want to lose weight, of course. Part of me says to just keep concentrating on the inner stuff & the rest will continue to happen, but part of me thinks I might need a goal at this stage to keep me focused. It's easy to just say, "Well, I'm not as big as I was", and let things slip, but I don't want to do that. Another part of me knows if I set an actual goal, I will focus more on the #s on the scale & try to achieve it any way I can rather than doing it the right way. I know, I know...how many "parts" do I have? Many, many, many. Some complex, most just boring :) OK...so, I just convinced myself I need to just keep concentrating on the "inner" work & the outer results WILL happen.


I still have not managed to achieve my two goals of eating smaller portions & to slow down. So, today I am concentrating on just 1....smaller portions. I had 1 piece of toast today for breakfast instead of my normal 2. So, I'm off to a good start. Zechariah 4:10 says, "Who despises the day of small things?" God bless, Dianna P.S. Jane...where are your blogs?

2 comments:

janec64 said...

I think I'm giving up on the "blogs" for now. I usually just blog when I'm at work and lately I've been a little busy or I just haven't felt like it.

We'll see how things go though.

See ya tonight, I hope I pass the test!

Leah P said...

28 lbs is awesome. I am so proud of you Dianna. You are doing a very good job. I have been doing a lot of exercising myself lately. Not eating so much either but that is because its not the holidays anymore. I don't want anymore holidays!