Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year



So, I had a New Year's Eve party, which I thought was pretty darned fun. There was a TON of food there. It's kind of odd, but I can't even really say how much I ate, because I never really sat down & ate. I never even used a plate, I don't think. I was mostly running around or playing silly games, so I just grabbed a bite here & there. I think I did pretty well considering the spread. I only had 1 dessert. I didn't over stuff myself & I didn't get heartburn, which is a definite sign for me of overeating. All I had the whole day (before the party) was a few veggies , so that helped. All in all, I'm fine with what I ate. No, "I'll be good tomorrow" attitude & no, "I can't believe I ate all that", or "I can't help it".


People who don't know I've been changing my eating patterns have been asking me if I've lost weight, which is awesome & encouraging. Once I've really learned how to eat right & be free from the whole reliance on food thing, I think it is going to be an awesome testimony. What greater way to give glory to God by being able to say I've tried it my own way, the world's way....and failed, but then I turned to God & He gave me the strength & power. I am realizing, though, that even though I am tasting success, I still have much to learn before I am totally free in this area. For example, today I was extremely tired because of the party & cleaning up & everything. I have actually been sleeping MUCH better than ever before lately, so I have gotten out of the habit of walking around like a zombie like I have for so long. So, today, with all the left-over goodies lying around, I was more tempted than I was last night. I actually told myself (out loud) "you're not hungry, you're just tired." I did have a few sweets, but resisted most of the temptations. But, I have confidence I will someday have total freedom in this area no matter what & it will become second nature to me. John 8:36 says, "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."


Love you all. God bless, Dianna

2 comments:

Leah P said...

You are incredible Dianna. The Lord has really blessed you for your obedience. I know I am not close to where I should be right now but I know that I at least have you as encouragement. I'm sorry I have been slacking on the posts lately. I just got into a funk this week. Love you. AWESOME PARTY!

janec64 said...

Congrats on your Big 25!!! That is Great!!!!. You're party was so much fun. I had a great time and yes, there was so much food.

You really are an inspiration and what a great testimony you will have and you just might have one now too. I keep thinking of going back to Sugarbusters but then I think of you. I know I've gained my weight back, I can feel it but I also know that of course I was going to be gaining weight once I stopped the sugarbusters. I had told Leah that we should start on 1/1/08. So yesterday i didn't eat too much, I wasn't feeling well anyway and today at 9:30 I had half of my cinnamon bread, I normally would've eaten the whole thing by 8:30 but I waited til I was hungry.

thanks for everything see you tonight!!!!

Love ya

Jane