Wednesday, January 9, 2008

NEW GOAL/ OLD GOAL



Hi. I am setting a new goal for myself, which is to try to eat even smaller meals (more frequently if need be). Waiting until I'm hungry before I eat has been working pretty well still, but I have a feeling that some of my "grouchies" have been, in part anyway, when that blood sugar gets a bit low. I suspect this mainly because my grouchy time tends to happen late afternoon. And I've been skipping lunch most days, so maybe there's a connection there. Although, I have always gotten kind of slumpy during that time frame & then perk up at night when I'm supposed to be winding down :) So, my new goal is to try to eat tiny meals with the hope that I will be hungry more often & maybe I won't feel that dip in mood right when I want to be preparing dinner & straightening the house & putting on a cheerful face right before hubby gets home. I know this goal will be a challenge because I have already been eating smaller meals than I'm used to. Something in my brain has a hard time having 1 piece of toast. I mean, is it written in stone that toast has to come in pairs just because the toaster has two slots? What if I had a larger toaster....would I eat 8 slices at a time? Heehee...probably, knowing me :)


My old goal is to go back to the drawing board with eating S-L-O-W-E-R. Really, really difficult habit to break. As silly as it sounds, I think I might make a little sign & put it on the dinner table saying, "Slow Down!!" I would just have to remember to take it down if we had guests over for dinner. I'm feeling silly today, if you hadn't noticed. God bless, Dianna

No comments: