Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Common Temptations











11/13

Day 1 of my new weight challenge has gone pretty well. I set the alarm for 7:00 (early for me) so I could exercise & I faced my first test: just getting out of the warm, cozy bed. My youngest daughter had a weird coughing spell that kept me up a lot of the night, so I was tired. But, I'm always tired, so I couldn't use that excuse. Then, I couldn't work the silly remote control to get the DVD player working (I'm a technology flunkie). The last remote was simple, but the dog ate it...this one is hard. My husband was stuck in traffic for 2 hours on the way to work, so I couldn't call him for help. I eventually figured out how to get the sound of the DVD working, but not the picture. This was actually fine, because I used Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds, which I've done before. The steps are really simple...4 or 5 moves---walking in place, knee lifts, side-steps & she uses the stretchy band which is actually kind of fun.




I ate pretty well....no pigging out & no eating when I wasn't hungry. AND, I resisted an ice cream sundae at my home school co-op's ice cream social. I have to admit that was tough. Ice cream is one of my favorite foods, especially all the toppings. I know everything's good in moderation, but I didn't want to start my first day on the wrong foot. I even helped serve, which was particularly hard, but I did it!! I have to try to make a big deal out of the little successes. I had to pray before hand & during & this verse came to mind: (1 Corinthians 10:13) "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted , he can also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." Here's the bad part, though....I was totally feeling sorry for myself. Seeing just about every person indulging & not partaking. BUT!! I know if I can regain control over my habits, I will be able to indulge a bit now & then...I just have to start strong. I'm already looking ahead to Thanksgiving & what my game plan should be?? I actually have 2 back to back, which is a blessing, but also difficult. I'm baking all the pies for the first one, too. Oh, well....I still have time to decide. Something else I thought of today as I was at the ice cream social---why do I feel the need to tell everyone I'm not eating ice cream? Do I really think people care that much? Do I just try to draw attention to myself? In any case, I think it made the temptation harder because I kept thinking about it. Next time, I'll try to just enjoy the company & think positive thoughts.




Till tomorrow, Dianna

1 comment:

Leah P said...

Yeah, good job. Now I am trying to figure out how to start one with you here. My only thing is finances. It is hard to eat healthy when the other half doesn't feel the need to and you have limited finances. So we are eating two completely different types of things. So when I run out of healthy food, I have to eat the yucky (actually very yummy) foods. I also need to start trying to wake up early to get more things done. There is only so much time in the day. I have a gym in the basement so there is really no excuse for me. Its just a matter of getting my lazy bum out of bed. It seems so much easier in the summer when its hot and sticky and you can't sleep anyway. Now its so cold I don't want to get out of bed. I keep reseting the alarm for a later time. I was able to get up at about 6:30 this morning which was a start. It helped to me to actually be on time for work. I was thinking about what you said about cutting back on some things, but I just can't think of what to cut back on. It is all very important to me. School, work, worship team, piano (therapy), scrapbook, chauffeur, auntie. I would love to get rid of the chauffeur thing (soon hopefully) and school would be nice to drop but I still got over two more years. Things will slow down soon...hopefully. I pray for God guide me in this aspect of my life. Okay, so I'm gonna see what I can do about posting blogs and I will post my goals as well. Love you!