Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING


Day #9 & 10:


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Today was by FAR my hardest day so far, but I am really happy with how I did. I purposely had just 1 piece of toast for breakfast. I would have skipped it all together, but my tummy was growling. I munched a few olives before lunch & ate small portions of my favorite dishes. I skipped the mashed potatoes, corn & rolls altogether, because I figured I make those all the time. Then, I waited a few hours & had 2 small pieces of pie for dinner. That's still quite a bit of food, but, no lie, I would usually eat 3 times that amount, no problem. A typical Thanksgiving for me would mean stuffing myself to the point of no return & then having a bit more. Any Monty Python fans out there? I was always Mr. Creosote on Thanksgiving with the wafer thin mint.


I also did the 4-mile walk work-out this morning, a short walk with the family right after lunch & another when I got home. I'm exhausted :) Is it possible for someone who always hated exercise to get addicted to it? It actually feels really good.


So, I did well, but I have to say, it was sooooo...hard!!!! Oh my goodness, maybe I didn't pray enough? Thank goodness for my amazing husband. After I had the pie, I really wanted another piece, so I pulled him aside & asked him to pray for me. It's so hard watching everyone else eat what they want. I really felt like I was missing out. How ridiculous. I had plenty of food. And now, I have tons of left-overs so i won't have to cook for a while. Now, though, I am SO happy I didn't give into the temptation. Every time I have failed in the past, it just made it so much harder the next time. Anyway, Thanksgiving #2 is tomorrow at my sister's & I am committing to pray more for strength. That I not only wouldn't give into the temptation, but that i wouldn't even be tempted. That I wouldn't have the desire to be a piggie. Especially with all the left-overs, I can eat more again the next day. Because food is good....gluttony is bad.


Love you all, Dianna

2 comments:

Kris! said...

Wow, Dianna, outstanding work on what has to be the most challenging day of the year--Gluttonfest, I mean, Thanksgiving. What is amazing is that you need strength for tomorrow, too. I will pray.

Leah P said...

Good job Dianna. I did not so bad myself today. I filled one plate and I only ate what was on that plate. Thats not to say it was a mountain, but I ate till I was full and that was it. No pie, no snacks, just the dinner. I ate a little stuffing a few hours ago but I am pretty much not very hungry. I have to say though Dianna, tomorrow is going to be much harder for both of us. I am watching Jen make those pies. Chocolate pecan! I just don't know what to do. Maybe because we will be together tomorrow, we can control ourselves a little better. We, all we can do is pray and see.