Friday, December 14, 2007

Eat Cake....No Eat Cake



So, I'm heading off for my church's 10th birthday party & there will be cake & the stupid chocolate fountain there again. I'm trying to plan my strategy tonight. Cake....or no cake. Truthfully, if it's plain old cake, it won't be much of a temptation for me except the frosting. Actually, that's the only part I really like ...the frosting :) If it's really yummy chocolaty-chocolate cake, that's a different story altogether. I just ate dinner, so I know I won't be hungry for any of it. If it's plain old cake, I'll think I'll pass...frosting or no frosting. However, if there's ice cream....oh my!!! I haven't had ice cream in more than a month. That MUST be a record for me. Ice cream is awesome. Not the plain old flavors, though. Those are boring. Gotta have lots of chunks of stuff in it to be worthwhile. So, if it's yummy, I'll have a small scoop & if it's lame old Neapolitan...forget about it. This all may seem silly, but I find I do better if I decide my own "rules" ahead of time. Otherwise, I'll say..."cake. I'll have a piece", eat it & say..."that wasn't all that good". Then, I'll feel bummed that I wasted a sweet treat on something crappy. Then, I'll go & buy something that I really want to make up for it. Not that I've ever done that. My goodness, if a psychiatric professional ever read this, I'd be locked up.


Jane, you asked what I'd do if I stopped eating when I was full & then got hungry again in a 1/2 hour, if I'd eat again. I haven't had that happen, but yes, I would. Those are really my only 2 "rules" and they're working for me, so what the heck.


I'm pretty grouchy the last few days for various reasons, so I think I'll go spend some time with the Lord before I go to this shin-dig. I love my church family & I know I'll have fun, but sometimes just leaving the house is a pain in the butt. Lately, all I want to do is read, play pacman & be a lazy butt! Love you all, Dianna

1 comment:

janec64 said...

I think you did great Friday night! If I recall, I don't remember you eating cake, chocoloate fountain or ICE CREAM. I just saw you with a piece of fruit. (No I'm not stalking you)

I still have issues with the stopping part. Although this morning I've been so busy all I had was a bite of muffin and then for lunch I just ate a sandwich, nothing else. I'll probably have the rest of the muffin later on.

I'll talk with you later.

YOu're doing AWESOME!!!!!

Take Care

Love Ya

Jane