Saturday, December 1, 2007

Little Rewards



Another good day. I lost another pound. Yeah! I know it's not much, but it's something. I probably should stop getting on the scale every day, though. Weight can fluctuate so much day by day...I don't want to discourage myself & I don't want to obsess with the #s either, especially when I know I am doing all the right things. It will come off when it comes off.


So, I went to the ladies' fellowship last night, which was fun. Just about everyone brought a sweet, so there was enough goodies to feed an army. The hostess set up a chocolate fountain with all the yummy stuff to dip into it. Before, you would have had to drag me away from that thing, but I did really well. For the whole night, I had 2 strawberries dipped in chocolate, some other fruit without chocolate, a few pretzel sticks, a 1/2 a piece of banana bread & a hot cocoa. And that counted as my dinner, too. I have to say it wasn't as hard as I thought it might be. I think I am learning to be more selective in my food choices now. I would have normally eaten as much of whatever looked decent, but I just stuck to small portions of the things I wanted the most. I felt SOOOOOO good when I got home knowing that I was obedient & also felt good physically....no stuffed feeling or heartburn or tight waist line or anything like that. I just felt really STRONG...ya know? Like, if I could handle that situation, I can survive the Christmas season--with all the cookies & gatherings. Praise God!!! Because I wouldn't even have tried to be good at an event like that on my own. The very best part is that I didn't feel sorry for myself...like I was missing out on something, which I always did before when I did manage to "be good". The word of God is true when it says in Romans 12:2 "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." If our actions are ever going to change, many times we need our thoughts & heart to change first. My will is so weak, the changes were never consistent or permanent, because the wrong thinking & wrong desires were there all along, crouching in a corner.


When I told my hubby I lost another pound this morning, he said, "Of course...God is rewarding you for your obedience". I thought that was a nice way to look at it. But the biggest reward is simply not having the guilt that always comes to me after I over-indulge. And tonight, we went out for pizza (after visiting Yankee Candle in South Deerfield, Ma, which is beautiful at Christmas) & I had 1 1/4 pieces. My hubby is trying to eat a little less, too, so we were able to feed the whole family for $16. Another reward. God is good. Life is good. Love, Dianna

3 comments:

Leah P said...

I did notice how well you did, and how I didn't. I can't resist chocolate dipped fruit. AHHHHHH! I guess I am just not there yet. I am getting slowly better in other areas though. Anyway, gotta post a quick blog and get back to my school work. Only two week left! I am so stressed trying to get this done. There is so much going on this weekend. And it all involves FOOD!

janec64 said...

You did a graet job Friday night!!! I just wished I stopped earlier. What a set-up that was!!!!!! I am at least glad she had the fruit, I really didn't eat the cookies and stuff and I had one tiny piece of cake and a piece regular piece of banana bread, I felt sick so I know I at too much but I didn't think there was every too much fruit!!!!! Anyhoo, have a great day.

Love ya.

Jane

janec64 said...

Oh, one other thing, I agree. Don't weigh yourself everyday, It can get very depressing if you're hitting a "plateau". I don't own a scale, I usually weigh myself when I go to my mothers. If you do weigh yourself in my opinion I think it should be weekly and besides, I thought you were doing this to take better care of yourself and to eat healthier, the weight loss is an added benefit!!!!!