Thursday, December 13, 2007

Full Of It



Ok. I'm sitting here feeling a bit yucky 'cuz I just had a hot cocoa even though I was full. I wanted a little something sweet, so I was going to have 2 little squares of dark chocolate. Which would have been fine. Except for some strange reason, I looked at the calories...something I haven't done in weeks. And I realized i could have a cup of cocoa & 1 chocolate bar for the same amount of calories as 2 squares of chocolate. So, now my belly is too full & it feels HORRIBLE!!! It's okay, though....I'm not going to beat myself up over it. It's not like I pigged out, I just went past full & wasn't really paying attention to my body's signals (that's what i get for teasing my buddy Leah). In a way, it's good, because I haven't felt this way in quite a while & it's really quite uncomfortable now that I'm not used to it. How did I do this every day? I'll have to remember this feeling.


It probably didn't help that I was sitting at the computer while I was drinking it. It's proven that we consume more food when we're eating while doing something else...like watching the boob tube, at the computer, etc....We're just not paying attention & keep stuffing it in. And I'm sure we eat faster, too. Speaking of eating too fast, here are some things that have been helping me slow down...something that I had a hard time with at first: 1. Putting the fork/spoon down between each bite 2. Waiting until EVERYTHING in my mouth is gone before I take the next bite. That might seem like a no-brainer, but try it & you'll probably see you're shoveling in the next bite before the first one is even finished.


Anyway, I'm back to my regular exercising & then some....aka shoveling :( I'm determined not to let my little slip up bother me. It really does feel yucky, though. Love you all, Dianna


1 comment:

janec64 said...

I'm sitting here reading your post feelin icky cuz of a pumpkin muffin. Mind you, I didn't eat it all just a few bites but I guess I wasn't ready to eat it in the first place.

I was going to ask you today that when you're eating, do you eat all of it or just til you're full. I was eating when hungry not when full but I was finishing the whole muffin. I could've stopped but my brain figured if I eat it now or later I won't have anything before lunch anyway so just eat the whole thing now.

I mean are you just eating whatever you want and just stopping when full. What happens if you're hungry 1/2 later, do you eat again?

Am I confusing you? I better stop right now because I'm getting confused myself...

Don't worry about the hot chocolate, maybe you drank it too fast.

Take Care

Hopefully I'll see you tonight.

Love Ya

Jane